Date: April 2022
Customer: Boeing Australia / Shape Group
Project: Boeing Distribution Services – New Distribution Facility
- The Project: Boeing Distribution Services were merging two existing warehouses into one larger facility in Murarrie QLD and required a warehouse safety barrier solution to complement their recent warehouse fitout.
- Situation: Boeing had a requirement to store a number of small parts which are picked by hand as well as storage of palletised goods which are accessed by forklift. This created a situation where forklifts and warehouse staff needed to be safely segregated by a warehouse barrier.
- Summary of works: Impact Barriers were engaged by a trading partner, Shape Group, to provide a polymer safety barrier solution. This solution was chosen due to the close proximity of the forklift order picking area to the hand pick area. The polymer solution also ensured that should any forklift impact occur on the barrier, it would protect both the people and prevent costly barrier or floor repair services!
- Solution: – Impact Safety Barriers provided the Impact HDP Polymer Barrier solution which helped to clearly demarcate the hand-pick zone and ensure optimum pedestrian safety.
- Products used – Impact supplied and installed 64LM of their Australian made Heavy Duty Polymer Barrier in a very short lead time – timeframe from initial consultation to installation was 1.5 weeks!